Help us support children in your community today, tomorrow and for generations to come.
We need your help to lay the foundation for the future.
REACH believes in communities where all individuals and their families are welcomed, included and leading lives of well-being, based on their own individual strengths, interests, and values.
Whether you wish to give now or in the future, we will work with you and your advisor(s) to implement any plan that suits your tax and financial situation.
Planned Giving – either now or in the future – can provide tax relief while supporting your charitable wishes. Contact your financial advisor for more details.
Donations – giving today:
- One – time donations
- Monthly Giving
- Gift of Securities
Legacy Giving – how to give in the future:
- Wills and Bequests
- RRSPs & RRIFs
- Life InsuranceCharitable
Would you like more information about leaving a bequest in your will or making a gift of stocks?
We hope our legacy gift will help ensure REACH is able to continue to provide their services and achieve their goals of assisting children with disabilities and that others willl do the same to help families in our communty. – David & Elaine Bliss
Together we can help children reach their full potential:
Ways to include Reach in your Will:
1. A Residual Bequest is a gift from your estate after all other bequests have been fulfilled. Giving all or a portion of your residue is an excellent way to give when you have family and friends that are to receive the bulk of your estate.
2. An Outright Bequest is a bequest for a specific amount or specific portion of your estate.
3. An Endowed Bequest is your residual or outright bequest be used to establish a permanent endowment in your name or your family’s name. An endowed bequest continues on in perpetuity ensure support for your area of interest for future generations. A minimum amount is required.
Benefits of this Planned Gift:
- Leave a substantial legacy for a low cost
- Protect your estate assets for your beneficiaries
- Immediate tax relief or Tax relief to your estate
- Passes directly to Reach outside of your Will
- Life Insurance is an exceptionally attractive option for donors who wish to leave a substantial legacy for a relatively low cost.
- The gift is much larger than the real cost to the donor.
- Provides flexibility for an immediate annual tax benefit
- Or a deferred tax benefit to your estate
- Life insurance passes directly to reach creating your legacy without using other estate assets
Gifts of Securities:
Benefits of this Planned Gift:
- Tax savings on capital gains
- Tax smart gift for current giving
- Tax smart savings as a legacy gift
- A charitable gift of securities is an effective tax smart gift for both current and legacy gifts.
- The taxable gain on the gifts of publicly listed securities has been reduced to 0%.
- You will receive a charitable tax receipt for the fair market value of the shares as of the date that ownership was transferred.
- If you wish to use securities to create your legacy, you may donate specific shares or dollar amount.
RRSP & RRIF funds:
- Tax receipt offsets taxes on current gift
- Tax receipt offsets taxes on estate gift
- Passes directly to reach outside your will
- Avoids probate fees
- Your RRSP/RRIF can be gifted to Reach without passing through your estate and probate. Designate Reach as a direct beneficiary of your RRSP or RRIF. Can be 100% or a portion of your RRSP/RRIF.
WE NEED YOUR HELP because every child deserves the opportunity to reach their full Potential
Together we can make it happen!
We enjoy recognizing our donors as a symbol of the legacy left in the lives of children with special needs and their families. We also appreciate that donors sometimes prefer anonymity. Please talk to us about your preference for acknowledgement.
About Reach Child & Youth Development Society
Reach Child and Youth Development Centre (REACH) has been providing services to children and their families since 1959. Over 1,000 children and their families benefit from REACH programming each year.
In 2018, REACH completed an extensive $5.7 million capital campaign to build a 20,000 square foot Child Development Centre in the heart of Ladner. We are excited to address the infrastructure needs that will enable us to support families in Surrey.
REACH believes in communities where all individuals and their families are welcomed,
included and leading lives of well-being, based on their own individual strengths, interests, and values.
- Developmental Assessments
- Individual Program Development
- Support to Community day cares & preschools
- Respite for parents
- Parent & Community Education
- Behaviour Support
- Social skill development
The REACH vision is one where all individuals and their families are welcomed, included, and leading lives of well-being, based on their own individual strengths, interests and values.
Stay informed with Inside Reach Newsletter
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact