Support Network for Parents who have children with special needs
What is Reach's Parent Support Network
The Parent Network’s primary function is to provide support for parents that have children with special needs between the ages of 0-18.
It has two main components:
- Sharing pertinent information
- Connecting parents with other parents
Reach Parent Support Group:
The parent group is an opportunity for parents with children who have ADHD or other complex behaviors to come together. At the group, you can learn and reflect on your life as a parent of children that may behave in ways that are unexpected and a challenge to understand. You will gain insight in building positive relationships, celebrating your children and focus on your emotional well being. We provide a welcoming and safe environment to share experiences, knowledge and offer support to each other. This group is led by a trained facilitator and is held the last Friday of the month, September to June, 9:30-11:30 am, at the Reach Society head office. Contact Pam Collins at 604.946.6622 ext 359 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Delta Down Syndrome Support Group meeting:
The group is held in the evening on the first Thursday of the month, October to June, at Reach head office in Ladner from 6:00-7:30 pm. Please contact Sarah Garnham at 604.946.6622 ext 321 or email@example.com
GROUP GOALS ARE:
- To provide guest speakers (Reach therapists, community professionals, and other programs) to discuss common issues.
- To provide support and information to families in Delta who
have a child with Down Syndrome
- To help connect parents of children with Down Syndrome
- To provide monthly meetings for parents and their children
- To provide on-site child minding while you attend the discussion
Reach New Autism Diagnosis Support Group:
New Parent Orientation is a program to help families whose children have recently received a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder to gain an understanding of the diagnosis, receive information on different treatment methods on autism, grasp the ever-changing government services and programs, and find available resources in their community. This group is held the last Wednesday of each month, September to June, from 12:30-2:00 pm, at Reach Society head office in Ladner. Contact Pam Collins at 604.946.6622 ext 359 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Punjabi Speaking Parent Support Group.
Facilitated by Monisha Jassi, Positive Behavioural Support Consultant. Are you a Punjabi speaking parent of a child with special needs? You are invited to join our parent support group to connect with other parents and enjoy a caring community of support. To give parents an opportunity to:
- Share stories and support one another in a safe non-judgmental environment.
- To discuss and connect parents to resources in the community.
- To answer questions related to parenting, community resources, and funding etc.
Strawberry Hill Library meeting room
7399 122nd Street Surrey
Last Thursday of each month 12:15-1:45
Please call or email to Pre-register: Monisha Jassi 604-946-6622 Ext.315
Join Our FREE Email Newsletter To:
- Receive helpful information on parenting children with special needs
- Get updates on any important policy changes form CLBC and MCFD
- Learn about education issues
- Find upcoming courses & workshops
Help A Parent Section
Connect with other parents who are be facing similar challenges. Post your own questions to get the advice or information you need most. Join a network of over 500 parents throughout BC & Canada.